Our blog is a collection of useful white papers filled with information about relevant information technology topics. Feel free to share the same.
- Top 10 Cyber Security Needs of US Federal GovernmentDownload the white paper from: Top 10 Cyber Security Needs of US Federal Government 2018 Federal agencies, as well as critical infrastructures such as communications, transportation, energy, and financial services, are all highly dependent upon computerized (or cyber) information systems, as well as electronic data, for carrying out their operations. The ability to process, maintain, and report information is also dependent in large part on cyber operations. Because of this, our everyday lives, along with economic vitality and national security rely heavily upon a safe, stable, and resilient cyberspace. Unfortunately, though, cyberspace – as well as its underlying infrastructure – are
- White Paper on Cyber Security in Cloud ComputingDownload PDF : Cloud Computing Cyber Security White Paper For roughly a decade, cloud computing has been steadily on the rise. Moving quickly into a $100+ billion industry, today it is far more unusual to find organizations that do not backup data and share files via the cloud than to locate those that do. But along with this relatively “new found” convenience comes some real dangers, not only to privacy and information security in and of itself, but also in terms of legal and ethical responsibilities – primarily for the entities that are being victimized. Much of the responsibility for
- Mobile Application and Device Cyber SecurityDownload PDF: Mobile Application and Device Cyber Security With more people using mobile devices every day for both business and personal use, hackers have numerous avenues available for “breaking into” them. In fact today, with the proper equipment – which incidentally is not at all expensive for hackers to purchase – cyber criminals are able to gain access to nearly any device within mere seconds. In doing so, hackers can either mirror the device in order to see all of the information on it, and / or install malware, which will enable the criminal to essentially siphon data from the device
- Cyber Security – Certification and AccreditationInformation security can be a daunting task for most companies – and particularly for those organizations or entities that may lack human and / or financial resources for putting the most effective systems in place. Yet, with cyber threats becoming much more prevalent today (and oftentimes more difficult to detect), this is an area that no business or entity can afford to overlook. IT security was for many years deemed as a service that was best provided in-house for most organizations. However, over time, this consensus has changed as independent specialists and companies have become more highly adept at providing
- Cyber Security in Agile DevelopmentToday, the cyber security strategies of many companies and entities are multi-faceted, which may include a wide variety of different elements in their IT environment, such as applications, data, identities, devices, and / or infrastructure. In the past, a much larger amount of in-depth documentation was typically relied upon prior to moving forward with a security solution. Now, however, given the much more rapid pace at which business is moving, it is required that technology used in the cyber security environment be more agile in order to keep up with more rapidly-evolving needs. Regardless of the industry, everything now essentially